Transforming learning. Note to self: keep asking questions, we are all learners.

learner1

Of course, developing the best possible learning experience with, and for, students is a key goal for the learning community.

The pursuit of this goal is bringing about great change for many of us, many of our children and many of our students. This change does not feel gradual.

This is a version of ‘Shift Happens’ that was updated last year. It’s worth the 5 minutes it takes to watch.

Did you know shift happens, 2014 remix

Marketers can read an audience of 50 million people in 35 days through Angry Birds? What does this mean for students who are planning careers in marketing and communications? What do they need to know?

It has never been more crucial to teach students how to curate knowledge, to teach students how to learn, unlearn and relearn.

A look at this youTube clip, created around 7 years ago, before iPads, before iPhones, makes me think about how much has changed over the last 7 years and about what I can do in my classroom, and beyond my classroom, to prepare students for the future …

An Australian version of ‘Shift Happens’ from 2008:

My to do list for transforming learning in my classroom:

1. Share ideas, resources and energy.

2. Focus on skills and not content – can it be true that for students completing a 4 year technical degree, the content they learned in their first year is outdated by year 3?

3. Personalise the learning experiences of students. Awake in them a love of learning that will inspire them to become lifelong learners. Ask questions, engage, listen.

4. Always teach within an environment of multiliteracy. Digital literacy is critical and is a learned skill. School-based learning has a massive role to play.

5. Keep an open mind, keep trying to improve and keep asking questions.